Plant Huntress Project : Imagery Creation

 

This week has been a combination of wonderfully productive and horrifically stressful, after calling in to work borderline in tears begging for a few days off unpaid (which my manager incredibly generously allowed me); three nights of solid drypoint etching resulting in not being able to feel my right hand, and over 40 prints all produced having only had about 2 hours sleep, I have finally got all of my book imagery together. I am unbelievably happy with the results, and despite the strain it has been worth it.

Here are a few images of the set up and final prints, luckily on my sleep deprived printing day the weather was absolutely beautiful and kept me going.

All 22 images in my book are drypoint etchings and the originals are A4 in size printed onto Fabriano (285gsm), I used intaglio oil based print medium, in a combination of Burnt Umber and Raw Sienna . The additional pages of my book will be actual pressed flowers added after publication.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s